St. John's Lutheran Church
St. John's is here to serve you . . .
- Spiritually - Experience family worship, hear and learn practical Bible teaching, and receive forgiveness for guilt.
- Personally - Find help with physical needs, counsel for problems, comfort in sorrow, companionship in loneliness, and fulfillment in life.
- Socially - Find loving people like you, meet new friends, and associate with inspiring people. Then make a difference by serving others and sharing your faith.
The Lenten theme this year is From Garden to Glory.
Lenten worship times are 3:45 and 7 p.m.
- March 12: Seminary Choir 7 p.m. service only
- March 19: Garden of Promise¯ - Pastor Dustin Yahnke, Faith, Sussex
- March 26: Garden of Paradise - Pastor Gary Koschnitzke
- April 2: Garden of Proclamation¯ - Pastor Eric Roecker, Pilgrim, Menomonee Falls
- April 9: Garden of Peace - Pastor Bruce Marggraf, Faith, Sussex
The Seminary Chorus, a 50-voice choir composed of young men studying for the pastoral ministry at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, Mequon, WI, will present a sacred concert at our church on Wednesday, March 12, at 7 p.m. The choir presents hymns and anthems in traditional and contemporary styles, accompanied by a variety of musical instruments and includes congregation participation. Besides presenting concerts in Wisconsin congregations, the Chorus will also appear at WELS churches in Arizona, Texas, Nevada, and New Mexico during its 2014 spring tour.
The Seminary Chorus is directed by Prof. James Tiefel and has toured throughout the country in its 82-year history. Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, located in suburban Milwaukee, Wis., prepares pastors for the worldwide mission of WELS. WELS is the third largest Lutheran church body in the U.S. with about 1,300 churches in 49 states and 390,000 members. Headquartered in Waukesha, Wis., it carries out mission work in 23 countries around the world.